Sheila weaved many throws during these 4 months:
- Supposed to be M & W’s from Anne Davidsons pattern book pg. 90 but all you can see is strips from the weft. Warp is wool and weft is bernat fifi boucle, mohair, wool and nylon. Sett at 10 epi. This blanket turned out very squishy. I’m going to try M & O’s on the next one to see if the pattern shows up better with the boucle.
- Warp is a bunch of single balls of purple to pink yarn, weft is burgundy boucle woven in m & o’s pattern sett at 8 epi.
- Warp is white wool from my sheep, weft is tango diamond mohair boucle in a 2/2twill, super heavy and squishy.
- Windowpane pattern by Sarah Resnick, handwoven jan/Feb 2020, sett at 8 epi
- Assorted harrisville shetland wool threaded at a 7 point twill sett at 12epi, weft black harrisville shetland wool, I changed the pattern every 5 to 6 inches to make a gamp from Jane Stafford Textiles online guild season 4 episode 4, lots of design elements but I think they add to it.
- Wool is from my sheep spun at @customwoolenmill in Carstairs, Alberta, sett at 6 epi, pattern is Palaka blanket by Linda McDonald in handwoven jan/Feb 2020
- Wool from my own sheep 2ply mule spun at Carstairs, Alberta. woven in plain weave sett at 8 epi, pattern from handwoven magazine but I forgot to write down which one, whoops.
- This Christmas 2019 my daughter bought me a big bag of yarn, much to our surprise when I unwrapped it each ball was only 20 yards long, Acrylic warp and weft sett at 8 epi in a small point twill pattern.
- Grey and white wool from my sheep, black, navy and wine from my stash. Pattern is monk’s belt from Simple weaves, pattern called for a sett of 15 but my wool is much thicker so used a sett of 8 epi, would use a much finer wool next time so it matches the picture.
- Acrylic warp and weft black bernard premium, cant find the label for the red – pink, sett at 8 epi in a 6 point broken twill.
- Three shades of wool woven to Tom Knisely’s Berry Blanket pattern, except I misread the 1234 as 4321 so the blocks of 3 don’t invert. sett at 8 epi.
- Was going to be Irish meadows from Tom Knisely baby blanket book but the green was too pretty to go over with lime green, soooooo Jane Stafford Textiles Season 4 episode 5, advancing threading in warp and white weft, green weft, straight draw 4321, green is 3 shades of green wool, white is wool from my Romney sheep.
- 7th Avenue Designs by Ellen Hess – Ombre plaid from Handwoven Sept/Oct pg 38 sett at 8 epi plain weave, super easy to weave, wool is from my Romney sheep spun at Custom Woolen Mills ltd. in Carstairs, Alberta.
- Hand dyed black warp, with assorted boucle weft one is Pingouin reflets d’or and another Boucle Bayadere chat botte, sett at 8 epi, pattern an undulating twill from Anne Dixon’s Handweavers pattern directory pg 199.
- Warp is wool from the stash, weft is Lopi Icelandic, sett at 8 epi woven in “goose eye” pattern.
- Wool sett at 8 epi, sept/Oct 1993.
- Twill plaid made with my own wool spun at Custom Woolen Mills ltd. Sett at 8 epi.
Sheila also made a scarf made from donegal tweed for warp and weft sett at 6 epi in Anne Dixon’s m’s and o’s pattern.
She weaved for the first time with bambu from Jane Stafford Textiles, inspired by the tulips I received for mothers day and Terry B’s cherry blossom saori. Sett at 15 epi, started with an 8 foot warp and ended up with a 4 foot shawl but its soft as butter